The Celebrations of May

"The Celebrations of May"
Friday, June 1, 2012
From Bob


May turned out to be a busy month for me and for our family. The big event was Adam's graduation from Stetson Law School. As a graduate of the law school in 1976, I was allowed to present him with his diploma. Thank you Dean Roy Gardner for giving me that opportunity.






Stetson's graduation ceremony is held outside and it was a beautiful Florida day.  A beautiful Florida day in the middle of May also means that it was very hot. Stetson was most accommodating. The school provided a room so that I would not have to stay in the heat. Thank you Brianna for making those arrangements. I didn't pass out!   Together with Sharon's mom and dad, we gathered after graduation for a small celebration and lunch.

Adam did much better than I did in law school. Much better. He graduated with honors and also received an award as the best public defender clinic student. The exciting part of the story is that he graduated on Saturday and started his new job with the state attorney's office on Monday. Now all he has to do is pass a little test (the bar exam) in July.

May was also a busy birthday month. Andrew is now 7. Anderson is now 1. Jenny and James (Emily's husband) are now... a year older.


From left: Austin (6), Andrew (7), and Anderson (1)

MOTHER's Day was another opportunity to celebrate together. Our children gave Patra a picture of the grandchildren - her favorite gift.


I had the privilege of sharing my testimony several times in May. I spoke to Bible study classes at Skycrest Baptist and Calvary Baptist churches and the Clearwater Men's Community Bible Study. I had hoped I would be an encouragement to others but I was the one blessed. Thank you. I had an opportunity to see long time friends and make new friends. People who have been praying for us came up and introduced themselves. Jenny spoke of the impact this type of illness has on the family. Many people shared their own journeys through "tall weeds." The common bond is that we have experienced God's grace and presence even in difficult moments. God is good... all the time.


Sharing with Lifegroup at Calvary Baptist Church



I am still doing well. I return to the cardiologist in July and want to discuss my medications. I'm thinking the medications may be part of the reason I'm always sleeping. At the same time, I'm doing so well that I am reluctant to change anything. My dry weight (weight goal) at dialysis is now 70 kg (154 lbs.) It wasn't that long ago I was at 130 lbs. I am still having some problems with becoming light headed and passing out. Even that seems to be slowly improving.

John 1:1-5 (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Dear God:Thank you for another good month. Thank you for the opportunities to visit with others to share your faithfulness and goodness. You know all of our needs and You are able to meet our needs. More than anything we thank You for Jesus, the Creator of the world, the life and light of the world. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Until July 1. 
God willing.
Bob

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Bob, Patra and family,
Praise God from Whom all blessings flow~~~~A special congratulations to Adam,too!!!
What a joy to see how God has provided
in so many miraculous ways!
Thanks for sharing through it all...
In Christ's love and prayers,
Ruthie & Dave Quarles
Anonymous said…
Good Morning, Bob,
Thanks for sharing with us all the wonderful events of the month of May. Now, you begin a great new month of June to experience more exciting events.
Truly, God's hand is upon you, Bob.
We continue to pray, praise, and love,
Lex and Linda
Anonymous said…
Thank you for filling my heart with joy. So sweet.

The whole family looks great.

I am thrilled to ready this month's news from the Bugg's.

So, so happy for you all.

Love,
Dottie
Anonymous said…
I love the blog and am so happy that you are doing so much better. I pray that that continues. Excited to hear your is son working in same area as our daughter. You were one of her favorite professors when she went through Stetson.

Our prayers will continues to be you and your family,


Linda and Tim Tyler