He is Risen!

Friday, April 6, 2012 He is Risen
From Bob

Last Saturday I wasn't feeling well and walked from the bedroom to my chair and proceeded to pass out.

Monday
night we went to see Andrew (6) play baseball and after I pushed my walker from the car to the field I was exhausted. I became light headed and felt faint. Patra ran to the car and retrieved the wheelchair and took me home. Although I was only there for a few minutes, I did get to see Andrew hit.

So Saturday and Monday were busts…
but in between, there was Sunday which was a great day. I went to Bible Study class at church and was able to give my testimony of how God has worked over the last two and 1/2 years. Patra stayed home to take care of a sick grandson. Jenny went with me and spoke about the impact this type of illness has on a family and how she has personally grown through the journey. She blessed me and I think she blessed the class. She spoke of how all of our children kept in touch with each other almost every day to juggle schedules and be available as needed. She emphasized the necessity to be flexible during these situations. Jenny told the group how our family never misses an opportunity to celebrate - birthdays, holidays - no occasion is too small to celebrate. You never know when it may be the last opportunity you have to all be together.

Physically, I made it fine. (I did go to sleep as soon as we got home and didn't wake up until Tuesday. Only kidding.)

I hope to be able to share my testimony with other groups. When you have been through an experience like this and it seems like you are coming out the other side, you are compelled to share the good news with other people.

This Sunday is Easter, celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. I can't wait to see the grandchildren in their Easter outfits. I'll enjoy watching them hunt for eggs. But it is overwhelming to think of what the resurrection really means. Jesus conquered death and because of my faith in Him, someday I too will conquer death. If Christ had not done what He did, I would have no testimony to share.

(Mark 16:6 NASB) And he said to them, "Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen; He is not here; behold, here is the place where they laid Him.

There is an empty tomb where Jesus was buried! He is not there. HE IS RISEN!

Dear God: Thank you for the blessing of sharing with the class this Sunday. What a wonderful, supportive group of people. I am humbled and thankful for the prayers of so many faithful people.

Until next Friday. God willing.
Bob

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good Morning, Bob,

Well, what a journey you are having!! We still marvel at God's work in your life. You continue to bless all of us as does your entire family.

Bob, we were so disappointed that no one videotaped your testimony last week. Our hearts were set on sharing with your faithful TN paryer group. PLEASE, PLEASE have Jenny or Adam or Emily to video your next time of sharing your testimony so that more of the faithful prayer supporters can hear of God's grace from you rather than second hand from us.

However, we are really holding out for that personal visit from you to TN to tell in person what HE has done and is doing.

We are thankful for all the good times that you are having with your children and grandchildren. You are actually living as we all should be living. None of us has the assurance of another day on this earth. We need to be busy about HIS work.

We continue Bob to pray, praise and love. Thanks again for sharing so freely with us.

HAPPY EASTER!
We love you.

Lex and Linda
Anonymous said…
He is Risen!
Thank you, dear Lord, for the most precious gift of your Son so that we may live forever with you.
Guide us in your work.
Fill us with grace,peace and joy.
Thank you for carrying us, let us carry others in need.
Much love,
Dottie Carson
Anonymous said…
Bob & Family: Ted was able to attend Sunday School last week and was so blessed by your testimony. I wish I could have been there but had to work.

We know the Lord has used your illness to reach others for the Lord. You would never have been "exposed" to all those medical personnel that now have "witnessed" the miracles that have occurred during this journey and lives you have touched and shared your faith; you have made others strongers and I am sure that you have brought some to the Lord. You may never know exactly whom you have touched but you have been planting seeds for sure!

We wish you a blessed Easter and can celebrate with your family! What a wonderful day!

Ted & Carol W
mp said…
hey BOB, what a family and what great family photos. let's face the facts- you're a lucky guy to have PATRA, and all your kids and grand kids are lucky to have you. you know who holds your future. that's more GOOD NEWS. marcus prom