God is Good... All the Time!

May 2012
From Bob

God is Good ... All the time! 


It feels like a long time since I have written. It feels strange not to write a Friday blog anymore, but I think it's time to write only once a month. I am still doing well. I'm feeling good most days and have been improving in most activities of daily living. I am gaining weight and I'm told that I'm looking more like myself again. I still need my walker to get around and I also have blood pressure problems which cause me to faint. My biggest issue seems to be fatigue. I feel like I could sleep all day. The grandchildren are such a joy. Last weekend the whole family gathered and we celebrated birthdays for Andrew (7) and Austin (6).


Austin, Andrew & Andrew's cousin Kristin at a birthday celebration!

Andrew

Austin
Megan (2) and Avery (2) are little princesses and dress accordingly. They will also talk your ears off.
The Princesses don't mind a little dirt to go with all that glitter...
The babies, Riley (1) and Anderson, who will be 1 this month, are growing too fast. Riley is walking everywhere and Anderson is crawling everywhere. I suspect he will soon be walking.
Riley

Anderson
Andrew finishes another little league season this month. I have been able to make most games which is quite a difference from last year when I was in the hospital so often.

Our son Adam graduates from law school this month. I look forward to reporting on his graduation ceremony next month. Please pray that I will be strong and able to attend the graduation - it promises to be a great day and one I am really looking forward to. Adam also has received a job offer. He will be an Assistant State Attorney here in Pinellas County.

Last Sunday I had the pleasure of teaching our Bible study class at our church. The class has been so supportive of our family since my diagnosis. This Sunday I have been asked to share my testimony with a young adult Bible study class at Skycrest Baptist (Clearwater.) At the end of May, I'll be sharing my testimony with a Bible study class at Calvary Baptist (Clearwater.) All of these classes have been praying for us. While we know many of the members of these classes personally, there are many I do not know. It is my sincere hope that my testimony will be an encouragement to those who are also walking through their own "tall weeds."

When I was a mediator, it was not uncommon for attorneys to ask if they could speak to me privately. They would share personal issues they were dealing with. If I had experienced similar issues (such as raising children - parenting issues), I felt more comfortable talking to them and trying to help. If it was an issue I had never dealt with, I always felt inadequate. Many times the only "help" I could give was to just listen. There were a few times where I felt there was nothing I could contribute and all I did was listen. As they left they would say "thanks, that was helpful." All I had done was listen! After everything that has occurred the last several years, I am more sympathetic to those with serious health issues. I've "been there, done that, and have the T-shirt to prove it."

The writer of the book of Hebrews in the New Testament describes Jesus in this way:
Hebrews 4:14-16 KJV
  Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

In prayer, I have poured out my request for relief and have found HIS mercy and grace to help in my time of need. It may not always come as quickly as I wish, but as I look back over the last year, HIS timing has been perfect.

  Dear God: Thank you for all your blessings. Please give me strength to teach and share my testimony. May it bring encouragement to those who hear. May Your Name be praised. Until June 1. 

God willing. Bob

Comments

Anonymous said…
It was nice to read your blog this morning....It sounds like you are getting better each day...The pictures of your family were nice to see...I miss the weekly blog, but I know it just means you are getting stronger....You and Patra have a great family and I will continue to pray for you all....It is great to see The Lord working in your lives, and I look forward to reading all He has done next month....Steve..
Anonymous said…
Good Morning, Bob,

Yes, it seems as if it has been a long time since we have heard from you. However, we intend to come hear you share your testimony/teach Bible class, etc., as soon as we return.

Praise God for all the answered prayers!! Our TN prayer group is already praying about Adam's graduation and the request that you be able to attend.

The children's photos are great. My, how fast they are growing. Times does march on, doesn't it?

We hope to be saying HELLO face to face next week.
See you SOON!!!!!

Praise, Prayer and Love,
Lex and Linda

We still need to get some recordings of all these great lessons you are sharing with classes these days. We will have to work on that project.
Anonymous said…
Thinking of you and your family with love,
Dottie Carson
Anonymous said…
Bob,

How awesome is our God! What a miracle has been done in your life and an incredible witness to the power of prayer. Love the pictures of the grandchildren. We have the privilege of seeing Austin and Anderson here in Gainesville. What incredible joy they are! Love the pictures of all the grandchildren. I give praise, honor, and glory to our Lord that you are able to go to games and spend time with them now.

Thanks again for continuing to share your journey with us,

Mary Alice
Anonymous said…
Bob,

How awesome is our God! What a miracle has been done in your life and an incredible witness to the power of prayer. Love the pictures of the grandchildren. We have the privilege of seeing Austin and Anderson here in Gainesville. What incredible joy they are! Love the pictures of all the grandchildren. I give praise, honor, and glory to our Lord that you are able to go to games and spend time with them now.

Thanks again for continuing to share your journey with us,

Mary Alice