March 30, 2010
From Bob

I am excited! God willing, I will be sharing my testimony this Sunday during Bible Study. God has been so good the last several years and I look forward to sharing. It will also be quite an adventure. I pray that I will be physically able to do this. I still cannot stand alone and that is my preferred method of teaching or speaking. I do not want my voice to give out on me.

We are preparing several safeguards and fall back positions. Jenny is coming with us. I want her to talk about how my “nasty little disease” has impacted the family. If I falter she can pick up the slack. Also, Ben (our teacher) will be prepared to teach if needed.

Preparing this week has been very interesting. After about 20 minutes of working, I am worn out and have to take a nap.

I pray that my testimony will be an encouragement to others. There are so many people that are walking through the “tall weeds.” More than anything, I pray that God will be honored.

Our God is a mighty God and it is a joy to be able to talk about what He has done in my life. A testimony should be personal - what you have experienced. During our journey, we have personally experienced the love and presence of God in our life. He has placed people in our lives and they have ministered to us. Many of those are members of the class I will be speaking to.

King David’s testimony in the Bible was personal and passionate about his God. (Maybe I should just read it to the class.)

Psalm 57:9-11(NIV)
I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
Let your glory be over all the earth.

That is my testimony as well!
I am a little concerned about how my testimony will go over. I was practicing this week and Riley was watching me. Below you can see how excited he was by what he heard.




Emily, Austin and Anderson are here for a couple of days. Austin (5) was telling us about “vehicle day” at his school. They had a Publix refrigerated truck (“not that cold”), a Walmart truck, an airboat, a helicopter and an army “missile vehicle.” Austin was allowed to climb into the turret. He told us that it was not loaded with any “missiles.” I was so relieved. There is no doubt in my mind that he would have discovered how to “launch” them.




Dear God: Thank you for another good week. Please give me the strength to give my testimony this week. You have been so faithful. Please be with those who are working through difficult times. I pray for their healing. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Until next Friday. God willing.
Bob

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bob: There is no doubt in my mind that your "testimony" will be awesome as you have already taught us so much thru the blog and your presence will much be anticipated at Bible Study. Sorry, I cannot be there as I have to work on Sunday (every 12 weeks is a Sunday) I will be praying for you and Jenny as you share together your family's faith. I know it will be awesome! Take care my friends!

Ted & Carol W
Anonymous said…
Good Morning, Bob,

Well, we are so happy to hear of your GOOD week. Truly God is answering our prayers for which we give HIM praise!!

Bob, would it be possible for you to have someone to video your testimony on Sunday so that we can share with your TN prayer group? It could be put onto a disk or flashdrive; we would like to enjoy it also. That would be just GREAT if someone who is savvy with tech things could do that.

It seems as if those grandkids keep things very interesting at your house. Never a dull moment, right?

Bob, we are sure that God will bless your efforts on Sunday as you are willing to bless the listners with what God has done and is doing in your life.

Prayer, Praise and Love,
Lex and Linda
Anonymous said…
Bob, We'll be praying for you on Sunday. I hope you do record it because so many of us would love to see it even though we know so much of your story of the last few years. Love, Joyce & Wayne
Pat Findlan said…
Those lucky (and blessed) people who will be there Sunday to hear you speak of God's love and faithfulness.
(Can you tell I really wish I could be among them?) His presence goes with you. I will pray along with others that the Lord will multiply your efforts and accomplish His purposes. Love the reminder of David's testimony of praise.
Anonymous said…
My prayer is that Bob will be able to give his testimony on Sunday without incident. I am a member of Trinity Baptist in Lexington, Ky and Chuck is my Pastor. The Blog each Friday is a blessing and encouragement to me. I have been walking thru the tall weeds for 2 yrs 5 months.~Georgia Bryant
Anonymous said…
Oh, how I wish I could be there to hear that testimony. Seriously, it WOULD be great to have it taped to share...if you could do so without too much extra work.

I will be there in spirit!

Much Love,
Dottie
Anonymous said…
Bob,
Every time I read your blog, I am truly blessed. You are a true inspiration to all. God bless!
Katherine Sigmon