Friday, March 16

Friday, March 16, 2012
From Bob

It has been a great week. Sunday we celebrated Riley's dedication at church and his 1st birthday. Sharon did a wonderful job preparing for the "parties." I enjoyed being with our family and Sharon's family - and Riley was perfect.

(Sharon, Riley, Adam, and Avery)

(Riley enjoying his "smash" cake)

Tuesday night I attended the men's Bible study that I had been a part of for so many years. It was the first time I had been since they started a new year of study in September. As I told some of the men, until a few weeks ago, I was in bed and asleep by 7:30. Now that I am feeling better I am still in bed, just not sleeping at 7:30. I'm so glad I stayed up "late" Tuesday. Just being with the men as they study the Bible was an encouragement to me. Barry (the new Teaching Director) did a great job in his "wrap up" or summary of the night's study.


As I looked at the men at the Bible study I was reminded of Paul's exhortation to the younger pastor Timothy.

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

The men I was surrounded by were studying God's Word. They weren't just reading it but they were seeking to understand the applications to their own lives. They desire to be better husbands and fathers. They want to make a difference in their homes, work places, neighborhoods and communities. They understand the importance of correctly handling the Word of Truth if they are to be ambassadors for Christ.

Although I haven't passed out in several days, Wednesday was a "dialysis day" and afterward I suffered from "dialysis daze." I came home and took a nap. Patra fixed dinner and then I went back to bed for the night. I felt so much better when I woke up Thursday morning.

Thursday night Andrew had a baseball game. I haven't missed a game this year! I know that it's not a contest to be there every game. But to a six year old, who shyly waves at me when he catches my eye when he is in the on deck circle preparing to bat, it is incredibly important to me that he knows his Grandpa supports him. I've missed too many games the last two years.

Dear God: Thank you for another good week. I'm glad I was able to enjoy Riley's dedication and the family time together. Thank you for giving me the strength to go to Bible study Tuesday night. I am also blessed by an outstanding Bible study at church. Thank you for those who teach me Your Word. You know my friends that have needs. Father, be with them, comfort them, encourage them and if it be Your will, heal them.

Until next Friday. God willing.
Bob

Comments

Anonymous said…
The important milestones of a family - isn't it great that we can celebrate these and knowing our families are in the "arms of our sweet Jesus" I am so glad you are able to share these precious moments with your family and extended family of God. You are an amazing person who continues to teach us each week. We are the ones who are blessed with your blog. Take care my friends.

Ted & Carol W
Anonymous said…
Good Morning, Bob,
Thanks for the great updare. It looks as if Riley knows how to enjoy parties. It is such an encouragement to know that you are having GOOD days and are able to be active again.
We enjoyed our time with you so very much. What a true blessing!! We look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks, God willing.
With prayers, praises and love,
Lex and Linda