Baby Steps

"Baby Steps"
Friday, March 23, 2012
From Bob

It was an exciting week as Riley began walking. We knew the day was coming. He had been "walking" from one piece of furniture to another and sometimes he would momentarily let go and stand on his own. He finally got the courage to take off. There won't be any turning back now. Riley and Anderson are soon going to be little boys and not babies.





Last Sunday I was able to go to church, Bible study and lunch. What a blessing to feel good enough to enjoy a day. I think I am taking my own small steps. Although I probably won't take off like Riley, when I look back over the last two years' journey, I can't believe how far we've come.

Until this week, I have never gone back and read my blog. This week I read some of the early entries. So many thoughts came to my mind. First, I hope my writing improved over time! Patra, Jenny and Emily did a great job when I was unable to write. I appreciate them filling in the details of my treatments.

Faith, Family, Friends. I began this journey noting that we would rely upon our faith, our family and our friends. There was no way I could have known then how true that would be. Your friendship means so much. Thank you.

Most of all, as I read the early entries of my blog, I was reminded of and impressed by the grace of God. God is good... all the time. No matter what a day may bring, God is in control. Francesca Batiscelli sings a song "This is the Stuff." A portion of it's lyrics are:

"In the middle of my little mess, I forget how much I'm blessed."

As I continue to deal with this "nasty little disease," my own "little mess," it is my prayer that I will never forget how much I'm blessed.

Dear God: Thank you for your goodness. I am truly blessed. Thank you for family and friends who have been so faithful.

Until next Friday. God willing.
Bob

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good Morning, Bob,

Thanks much for sharing those first steps of Riley with us. We are reminded that ofen in life when we take those first steps, there is no turning back. Thus, it is important that those steps be in the center of God's will.

We are so blessed to have your friendship. Your messages have been such a blessing to us.

Through your suffering you have blessed MANY hearts.

We pray that you have many, many GOOD days to come and that you enjoy every moment of each.

Praying, Praising and loving,
Lex and Linda
Anonymous said…
Baby steps - what a joy and what a whole new world to explore! Sometimes baby steps are what we need; sometimes we are "wobbly" but we give it another try.

Your journey has had some "wobbly" steps but you get up and try it again. Your consistency of your faith is what has made us all better people and you constantly remind us of what stamina and faith are. We are the ones that have been "blessed" by your courage, strength and your willingness to share it all with us.

Take care my friend!

Ted & Carol W