Exceedingly, Abundantly More

"Exceedingly, Abundantly More"
Friday, January 20, 2012
From Bob

Another good week! I could get use to this. I overdid it last Saturday and my doctor thinks I pulled a muscle. I've been resting a little more this week. Unfortunately we were unable to go to Gainesville last weekend. James (Emily's husband) was sick and so they had to postone Anderson's baby dedication.

I am enjoying my new walker. I "walked" into dialysis Monday surprising the nurses and staff. The problem is being able to walk out. Walking requires an acceptable standing blood pressure before you are allowed to leave. Because I still have "orthostatic hypotension" my blood pressure often drops dramatically when I stand up. Patra brings my wheelchair in case we can't get my blood pressure up. (Being in a wheelchair only requires a sitting blood pressure and I do better at that.) So far this week I've done OK (barely) with the standing blood pressure.
I will receive another epidural steroid injection next week. I am looking forward to that.

Ephesians 3:20-21 " Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." I have been the recipient of God's promises in these verses. He has done "exceeding abundantly" above what I have asked or thought or even thought was possible.

Jenny's husband, David and I celebrated our birthdays on Monday night. It was a good family time. I told Patra later that night that I will always cherish the memories of the family laughing together. We were entertained by two princesses.





Two years ago, when I first started this blog, I knew that I would need my faith, my family and my friends to encourage and sustain me. One of my nurses was talking to me on Wednesday and asked how people can make through life without faith in Christ. It made me think that it is not just people going through the "tall weeds" that need Jesus. As the song said many years ago - "People need the Lord."

"Dear God: Thank you for another good week. Your grace and goodness have exceeded anything I could have asked for. We have so many friends going through tough times. Several have been in the hospital. Several are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation. Several have recently lost loved ones. Father, may they all know your presence and comfort. Help me to be faithful to you."

Until next Friday. God willing.
Bob

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bob: So glad you had a good week and sorry your trip to Gainesville had to be postponed but there will be another good time to look forward too! The girls are too cute - such princesses! I am glad you continue to "feel better" and pray that every day is a good day for you. Take care my friend.

Ted & Carol W
Anonymous said…
So happy your week went well...am sure the "little princesses" really make you smile..I know Avery is such a trip that she always puts a smile on my face. Take care and prayers for a continue good week. hugs
Jon/Marilyn
Anonymous said…
What beautiful little princeses with such happy smiles. How do you like being entertained like we used to "entertain"? I will always remember those fun times. So happy for another good week.Take it easy now and don't overdo it. Will be waiting to see the baby dedication pictures soon I hope. We will be praying for another good week like this one for you. Please keep my Dad in your prayers.He's just going through some hard times right now. Love to you all. ~~Mary Lib
Anonymous said…
I'm up in Michigan (heading home tomorrow) where Lisa has had treatment #10!! Jan 31 she has #11 and is DONE with this round. She'll go on a "maintence" plan going every 2 weeks for just 1 of the chemicals!! We are glad the treatments are finishing because she's at a point where she is down and out much of the time from what the chemicals are doing. HOWEVER, they are doing some good work too so she plows on!! I sure wish we had two LITTLE princesses to entertain us this week. I'm going to show these pics to Allison and jennifer, Lisa and Steve's 15 and 17 year olds and see if we can get them to dress up and entertain us for some fun and frivolity!!!! Thanks for sharing again!
Janice (without Bob) in Michigan
Annette DiMarco said…
Your two little princesses remind me of the Fairy-Tale, "Snow White and Rose Red." So glad you had a good week! Blessings to you and your dear family.

Annette
Anonymous said…
Hey Bob,
We just got back from Marco Island and have enjoyed reading about your good week.
You are certainly right; we all do NEED the LORD. Thankful that we have HIM.
Those little princesses are adorable. They surely keep things going at your house.
We continue to praise, pray and love,
Lex and Linda