Happy Thanksgiving!

Turkey Trot
Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving!

What a great day. We had all the children and grandchildren here to celebrate this year. Andrew spent the night at our house, and he and Austin had a great time playing together and laughing.

As a tradition, we always run and walk the "Turkey Trot" at Clearwater High School. I was surprised on Thanksgiving morning when everyone came into my room wearing "Team Grandpa" T-shirts. Adam and Jenny put great effort into ordering the t-shirts and keeping it a big surprise until Thanksgiving morning.

Our family has been doing the "Turkey Trot" for about 25 years. Every year we take a family picture wearing our Turkey Trot shirts... below are pictures of some previous years.

1988

1989


1998


2004


2007


2009


2011

(I'm composing part of this post on Thursday, Thanksgiving morning.... right now the house smells so good with the turkey and all the side dishes; I can't wait to chow down.)

We have so much to be thankful for. On Wednesday, we accepted an offer to sell the office. That is a real answer to prayer.

I am so thankful for each of you that have been following our journey through the "tall weeds." Almost every week I hear about someone who is reading the blog and praying for us.

I think we are going to have to go to the next step with my back - injections. Last Sunday I passed out getting into the car from the intense pain. Patra wanted to take me to the E.R. but I insisted we go home. Over the past two years I have become somewhat of an expert at passing out. When I told the nurses at dialysis what had happened, they said I should have listened to Patra.

Thank you again for joining our family on this journey.

Dear God, thank you for allowing me to enjoy another Thanksgiving day with my family. You continue to provide answers to our prayers (like selling the office) and great encouragement from our friends.

Until next Friday, God willing
Bob

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am glad you all had a great Thanksgiving...I look forward to your blog every Friday....I think I remember seeing you guys years ago with your Turkey Trot T shirts on at breakfast at the old Robbys Restaurant or maybe it was Lennys...That is such a cool tradition...Still first on my prayer list, and believing for your healing...Look forward to reading about your progress next Friday.....Steve...
Anonymous said…
Bod,
We loved seeing all the photos of the various years of the Turkey Trot. Your family has certainly grown over the years. My, what a good looking group!!!
You certainly must have enjoyed a much warmer Thanksgiving this year than you did last a way up there in the NORTH land.
We are so grateful with you about the answered prayers that you are experiencing. We continue to pray every day, praise every day and to love you.
It won't be long now until we are back down there in the south land.
Brownie baking is continuing here at our house. We don't wamt to forget how to bake them so that we can share more with you.
See you before too long.
Lex and Linda
Pat Findlan said…
Love the Team Grandpa shirts!
Consider us a part of the team....
the North Carolina Branch.
We are pulling for and praying for
the Team!
Love the photos! What happy memories! Hope you enjoyed turkey day!