Extraordinary

"Extraordinary"
Friday, October 14, 2011
from Bob

One of my doctors came up to me this week in dialysis and said, "I can't believe I haven't seen you in the hospital lately." It does seem that we measure this journey by my hospitalizations. I think I've been in about 10 times since January. There is such a balance between getting enough fluid and having a fluid overload which leads to congestive heart failure. Recently it appears that we have been able to finally balance those numbers a little better.

After dialysis I am always dehydrated and come home washed out. The only thing I can do is go to bed. The dehydration is still causing my muscles to spasm in my back and I am very uncomfortable. Muscle relaxer medication helps a lot. Fortunately, on the days that I'm not in dialysis I feel pretty good, but do sleep a lot from the medication.

Last Saturday night Patra and I went to the mall!!! We met some friends and ate at the food court. I'm not supposed to have salt, and I'm sure there was plenty in what I ate, but it sure tasted great. Never would I have imagined that doing something that ordinary like eating at the food court would feel so extraordinary. Maybe I'll feel well enough to attend our grandson's ballgame tomorrow morning.

This week, it has been one year since little Andrew (6) had brain surgery at All Children's Hospital. You would never know except for the scar on the back of his head. He has done remarkable. He is thriving and enjoying playing Little League again. We appreciate all the prayers that went up for him. Thank you.





Throughout the past 2 years that I have been sick, I have learned much about the power of prayer. I am so thankful for all of you who lift me up to the Father in prayer. We are not only thankful for the blessings we have been given, but it also gives us a chance to pray for our friends who are also walking through the "tall weeds" In addition, my own personal prayer life has grown. At night, when Patra and I pray, we may cry, laugh, or just talk. Not only has our communications as husband and wife been enriched, but also our communications with God has grown stronger.

Isn't it an amazing thing that we can communicate with the Creator of this Universe at any time and know that He hears our prayers.

Dear God, Thank you for another good week. Thank you for healing our grandson so perfectly. What a blessing to know you hear and answer our prayers. Thank you for extending my life a little longer. I pray that I will remain faithful until the end.

Until next Friday, God willing,
Bob

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Jesus: We thank you for allowing Bob & Patra into our lives and for their faith and courage as they continue in their "tall weeds". We continue to be encouraged and have had our faith strengthened by watching this wonderful couple. Continue to bless them and thank you for Andrew's healing as well.

Continue to keep Bob out of the hospital & relieve the muscle spasms and we are so glad he has time to spend with his friends and family and enjoying the grandchildren. Amen

Bob & Patra: Thanks for sharing the pictures as well; there is nothing greater than the love of the grandchildren! Enjoy Andrews ballgame!

Ted & Carol W
Anonymous said…
Good Morning, Bob,
It seems impossible that it was a whole year ago that Andrew had the urgery. Truly God did a complete job on him. He is the same active, bright little boy that we have always known. We are praying that you feel like going to his ballgame tomorrow morning.
Bob, it is good to hear that no hospital visits have been in your life in the last few weeks. We shall continue to pray that will be the case for many weeks to come.
We are feeling a bit nippy this AM here in TN. Fall is truly here. The leaves are turning and some falling from the trees. As we walk the trail at the park each day, we are reminded of God's wonderful creation with the changes of the season.
We want you to be able to come visit us here in the Volunteer state; then we can show you some of our sights in our area.
Wouldn't that be fun?
Well, have a great week.
We continue to pray, praise and love you.
Lex and Linda
Wonderful news in so many ways! Can't get over how much Andrew looks like David when he was that age!
amazing.......... your blog is amazing ever. thanks