What's Love Got To Do With It?

**NOTE**
-From Adam

After this blog was written and posted, Dad was unfortunately back in the emergency room with abdominal pain. Apparently, he has some intestinal blockage which is causing his pain. He is now in less pain thanks to medication, but he will be in the hospital while the doctors try to figure out what is happening. Thanks again for your prayers and support.

Friday, July 22, 2011

"What's love got to do with it?"

From Bob

It was a good week! No calls to 911. No hospital visits.

Last Saturday, Patra and I traveled to Gainesville to visit Emily and her family and was able to see her new house. The trip required some planning. Patra “built” a bed with a twin mattress in the back of the minivan so I was able to sleep. It did cause a little concern by the young man who served us at the McDonalds drive thru. He did a double take as he looked back at the pale skinny sick man lying in the back of the van.

Adam and Sharon also drove up to Gainesville so I was able to see both our new grandsons, Riley and Anderson, as well as Avery and Austin.



The other day I was getting ready to put my head phones on so I could listen to my iPod. Before I could get the headphones on, I noticed the song that was playing over the dialysis center radio.

“What’s love got to do with it?” “Love’s a second hand emotion.” I believe this Tina Turner song came out in 1993.

What’s love got to do with it?

EVERYTHING!!!

John 3:16 For God so LOVED the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Love is the key.

Particularly as I have taught the men’s Bible Study, I have found that they are often reluctant to accept the love of God. I remember sitting with a man several years ago. It was obvious he wanted to make a profession of faith. However, as we talked he told me about some of his service during the Vietnam war. He had served our country well but his service had been violent and he had been involved in situations where he had taken a life.

He knew that LOVE had everything to do with it, but he had a very difficult time accepting that God could love him in light of what he had done.

I pray that he has now seen how God LOVES him.

As I have battled this “nasty little disease” it has been wonderful to know that God LOVES me. I don’t deserve the love God has for me. No matter what happens, no matter how dark the road, God LOVES me. I have been spent too many hours on hospital beds afraid of the next procedure, until I remembered that God loved me. Nothing else really mattered.

God, thank you for loving me. I pray for those who do not yet understand how much you love them. Your love is amazing.

Until next Friday. God willing.

Bob

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bob: You are absolutely right, everything we do is "what's love got to do with it". God is our loving heavenly Father. The love we show to our friends and family is a "spillover" of his love for us. You see it as soon as a child is born. How can anything be so precious and perfectly made, what wonders God does for us. The first time a child wraps their little finger around yours, love is there! God gave us this love to share and we are His precious children. It is amazing and so many times we do have to be reminded of that during our stress-filled lives. That is such a blessing for grandchildren because their innocence brings us back to reality in more ways than we can imagine. The love of family is so evident in yours and we appreciate you sharing your love with us as well and remind us that "God so loved the world". Have a wonderful week!

Ted & Carol W
Anonymous said…
Bob,
PRAISE OUR LORD for your wonderful week!!

We enjoyed reading about your visit to Emily and her family. What a great photo of you and those little grandsons. You look so natural holding them. After all, look at all the practice you have had with new borns the last very few years. You are a real PRO now with this grandpa thing.

You are correct---IT IS ALL ABOUT LOVE!! Love has everything to do with it!!!

We are eager to see you and Patra again. Just a few weeks and we will be there, our God willing.

Love to you all; we continue to pray, praise and love,

Lex and Linda
Anonymous said…
A wonderful post. So true.

Howard

.
Anonymous said…
Dear Bugg Family: I was so sorry to get back on the blog tonight and find out that our dear Bob is back in the hospital. Bless his heart, I really was hoping he wouldn't need to do that! I know he is tired of hospitals.

Special thoughts and prayers tonight!

Ted & Carol W
Anonymous said…
To all the Bugg family:

Yes, it's all about His love for us. We were so sorry to hear of another visit to the hospital, but keep hanging on to that truth. God does love you all! You are an inspiration to us!

Sherrie and Wayne Patterson