A Quiet Week

"A Quiet Week"
from Jenny

It's been a relatively quiet week for my parents. And that's good news. My dad remains about the same. He is still battling some confusion and some pain from his shingles. But he's also had a few mornings where he's felt well enough (and clear-headed enough) to sit and read the newspaper.

Today (Friday), Dad's schedule will change a bit as he receives a blood transfusion instead of his regularly scheduled dialysis. Dialysis will take place on Saturday, and then he'll be back to his normal routine by Monday.

Any week that he can stay out of the hospital is a good week, and we've counted about three weeks at home now! We're so very thankful to God for that blessing.

And in comparison to many previous posts that have included new conditions, new complications, etc. I'm grateful to God that this will be such a short & sweet udpate today! Thank you again for your prayers and friendship.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Jenny,
Thanks so much for your update. We are praising our God with you that this has been a more restful week for Bob and Patra. They surely need those weeks.
Our hearts and prayers remain with all of you there in FL.
Each time that I bake brownies, apple muffins or blueberry muffins, I think of your family and how I wish I could share them with you.
God willing, we will be coming back toward the end of August.
We shall continue to pray and praise and hold Bob and Patra in our hearts.
We love you all.
Lex and Linda
Anonymous said…
Yes, Jenny, thanks for the update, we value these updates so much and greatly appreciate the time your family has taken to share the news with all of us. We anxiously await the posts as we know we have been praying diligently for the family. We thank God for the more restful week, we know it is needed.

Take care my friends and may God bless!

Ted & Carol W
Anonymous said…
Glad you guys have had a good couple of weeks. We are praying for all of you.

Tyler & Kari
Anonymous said…
Jenny, As an 'ole' friend that grew up with your dad I am excited for the quiet times and the joy that it brings you all. All of you are constantly in my prayers and my moms. I call her often and read the posts to her. We both have all of you on our churches prayer lists. Know you all are surrounded by much prayer. We don't just pray for your dad but each of you. Carol Womack Cahill
Anonymous said…
bob and patra it is such a blessing that you have had a few quiet weeks- it is wonderful that you have had some good friends and family to visit. know that you are in my prayers each day
janice barber