"Let me Intoduce you to Flo Margie"

Friday, April 9, 2010
“Let me introduce you to Flo Margie.”


This is one of the most joyful posts I have made. I would encourage you if you have not already done so to first read my post of Sunday, April 4, 2010 – “I Got My Kiss.” If you haven’t read that post, you will miss the blessing of the following comment I received. A couple of days after my post of April 4, 2010, Emily called and said “Dad, Flo just wrote you.” I couldn’t believe it when I went back and read the comment she made.

Today, Patra and I met with Margie when I went to my appointment. I asked her if I could print her comment as my blog because I knew from the people that have seen it that it would bless a lot of people.

And yes, there were lots of hugs and kisses to go around today.

My dear Mr. Bugg,

I want to send you my heart felt thanks for the wonderful letter you wrote on your blog about your experience at Moffitt and me. It was sent to my boss and she forwarded it to many of my co-workers. I cried when I read your story. You are truly filled with Gods spirit and love. He has a wonderful way of bringing his children together.

The day I stopped to talk to you and give you your Kiss was all from my heart. God gave me a compassionate and loving heart. He gives us all a special gift. Thankfully I am able to use my gift every day at Moffitt. I too am a twelve year colon cancer survivor. I was in stage four when I was diagnosed and I am a miracle to be alive. Every day is a blessed day to me and a gift. If I can make one patient a day feel special that is my way of giving back.

I am so glad that your treatment is going well. I will keep you in my prayers every day. I will look forward to seeing you and your wife this Friday. my real name is Margie, but please call me Flo. I consider that a compliment.

May God bless and keep you always.

Margie Schwerdt

P.S

With your wife’s permission I will give you your next Kiss here in the lobby for every one to see.


If that doesn’t brighten your day, you need to have your brightener checked

Bob

Comments

Anonymous said…
Miracles happen every day and you never know how one smile or kind word can make a difference in someone's life. Your "Flo" now Margie is really a special woman and we all have been touched by the story. Wouldn't it be nice if all people were nice to each other and could "walk a mile in their shoes", as we say. Reaching to get something from a high shelf for a short person or stooping down to retrieve something when someone can't bend over; there are so many little things in life we can do for each other and most of us are so "busy" we can't take the time to do a good deed. We are glad there is a Margie at Moffitt; it helps to know she genuinely cares about the patients. Hopefully this will "wake us all up a bit"; I know at Freedom Square where I work, one of the associates said one day; your smile may make someone's day, look at them and say "good morning" & mean it. Little things go a long way. God can bless us even in the little things. Thanks for sharing the story with us.
Ted & Carol W
Margie! What a lovely name to go with the lovely person. This post made my day!
Anonymous said…
Bob & Patra,
Isn't God amazing? How He sends people into our lives to give us a special boost!!!!!
Spring is springing up in all kinds of ways!
Let's continue to be aware of our many blessings!
In Christ's love & prayers,
Ruthie & Dave Q.
Anonymous said…
Bob,
Thanks for sharing this story with us. It is good to hear stories of those who really do want to help others and to be a blessing in the process.
We are praying that each day is bringing you closer to resored help and strength.
Hope to see you in May.
Love you,
Lex and Linda
How sweet! Thanks for blessing my morning! What a great way to start my day! We're praying for you (Andrew, Austin, Megan and Avery's Grandpa).

Love,
The Cooney's
Anonymous said…
What an uplifting story. I'm so glad that she was able read how excited you were to get "that kiss". Hope all is well with all of you and Bobby, that you are getting stronger every day -- with no nausea. I saw my Dad today an updated him on your progress. He sends his best.Patra, hope the new cooking style is working out.
Sometimes I think we all need to have our brighteners checked -- my love to all. Mary Lib
FASHION BLOG said…
Spring 2011 fashion legitimate way naked color high-heeled shoes,Christian Louboutin shoes including small S etc several star himself deduce naked color high-heeled shoes retouching of figure of breathtaking effect, make naked color high-heeled shoes much attention to, really I think naked color high-heeled shoes like small black skirt, shall be as almirah of black heels essential classical sheet is tasted, will never fade out pop, already joker has a very good consequences, so whether had or the future, only you a pair of naked color high-heeled shoes, it must add cent for your body Christian Louboutin again add cent, the most bright and beautiful with the color of hobby show a woman the most swaying in the side, and this well-known brand now also heels into men's shoes market start. The Christian Louboutin follows the popular many season of leopard, rivets and even water element, also attended the color collage and the most basic pure pigment jas money, these shoes either from the material is still on design are relatively enough, the basic style suction provoking eyeball naked with black color high-heeled shoes is as the most suitable stiletto shoes, even without the dress up exaggerate the modelling of avant-garde fashion at work, also can be in dressed up very beautiful, symmetrical, others see the legs slim pleasing to the eye,Christian Louboutin 2011 his wore contentment.