Praises and Prayer Requests

(Sunday, March 7, 2010)

Update from Patra

Every Sunday morning in our Bible study class, our friend Linda writes down all our prayer requests and praises. Later that day, she emails the class so we know how to pray during the upcoming week. My favorite part of Linda's weekly emails are the PRAISES. God's answers to our prayers are such a blessing. I'm glad Linda writes the praises first, and I actually go back to the top of the page and read them last too.

My praises for today are for our family and friends who continue to uplift us in prayer. We are also so thankful for this cancer center where the staff have become like family (they are the best). I am even thankful for the large window in our room that faces west (we have seen some of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen - they certainly cheer us). Since we are on the 3rd floor, we overlook the tops of the trees and I find the bird watching fascinating (our kids think I'm "loosing it" when I start telling them about the birds). On this beautiful Sunday morning my mind has a tune that replays over and over - the doxology. "Praise God from whom all blessings flow...".

Our primary prayer request continues to remain that Bob start the "turn". His white blood count is still at zero, and he is now having trouble standing - it makes him feel like he's going to pass out. He hasn't been able to eat anything for the last 3 days because of the nausea, and he remains hooked up to IV's most of the time. At the time of this writing he is receiving a blood infusion. He has difficulty opening his eyes, but he never forgets to thank the nurses and techs when they leave the room - his kindness makes me love him even more.

The grandkids are healing, so it won't be long until they can come to the hospital and I can go meet them outside and get my grandma hugs - now that's a PRAISE!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Patra: Thanks for the update. We look forward to the updates and continue to pray for Bob, you & your entire family. I hope he can eat soon, wish the nausea would go away. Several times during the night,I reached for my straw under my pillow and said a quick prayer for Bob. He is truly an inspiration and pray his counts will start to go up quickly. We were driving home from Ruskin last night and there was the most beautiful sunset, wished I had been on the Skyway a few minutes earlier & too bad I didn't have my camera. Know that the entire class thinks of you family warmly and often.
Take good care!
Ted & Carol W
Anonymous said…
Patra,
Thanks for the update. It does our hearts good to hear from you and Bob. We continue to pray for the strength needed and that the count will go up. We are so sorry that Bob is feeling so very bad, but we are so thankful that even though he feels helpless at times that he doesn't feel hopeless. Our God is a God of hope and love.
Those Grandma HUGS will be very good medicine.
We love you.
Patra, I am hugging you right now.
Lex and Linda
your prayer touched me. I'm praying! I found this site helpful www.holylandprayer.com Check it; maybe it gives you a relief. God bless.
Anonymous said…
I just read your heart-felt words, Patra... even the 'birds' and sunsets! I'm thankful that you can praise Him from whom all blessings flow~~~~
I'm sitting here wondering what to say.I started to think of a verse about "new every morning" and then thought of Lamentations. There it is in verse 3:23 and as I read on to verse 24 & 25,
"The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him.
The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him"..
Let's continue to have faith that God is control and is the Great Physician.
With tearful eyes, my heart goes out to you all...
Let's continue to trust Him and that His will be done in our lives. Continue take care and may "the Lord bless you and keep you...Numbers 6:24-26"
We'll pray specifically for the white blood count to improve for the "turn".
In Christ's love & prayers,
Ruthie & Dave
mcope said…
Your are all an inspiration to us as you travel this long hard road with such love and grace. Take all our prayers and wrap yourself in them when times get tough. We love you.
The Copes in KC
Anonymous said…
We, too, continue in our prayers for Bob. I know his "turn" must be coming soon. Hugs to you,
Linda Hyde
Mimi said…
continuing to pray for you and Bob..and thank God for the special placement of his room so you can be constantly reminded of his great love by watching the Birds and sunsets...
sending our love,
Joe and Carol Nelson
Anonymous said…
Dearest Bob and Patra: Praising our Lord for YOU! Believing for His touch upon your body. We are so proud of you....We are filled with great expectations from our Lord for YOU! We miss you so much! We've been at various mission's conferences and are filled with praise for God's bringing people to Himself...so many times through answered prayer. Keep resting in Him....we will keep you before the throne...that's our part as we 'hold on' to His promises together. Love, Will and Nancy
Anonymous said…
Our prayers are with you both. You are always in our thoughts and prayers... I know how you need your grandma fix..those little people really make you smile ...will see our other three grandkids next weekend..hopefully things will be better soon..
Jon/Marilyn