"A Bugg Birthday"

(Thursday, March 11, 2010)

"A Bugg Birthday"


Update from Emily:

Tonight all the "Bugg" children and grandchildren met at my sister's house to celebrate my brother, Adam's, birthday. We had a wonderful time eating, laughing, talking, and telling "remember when" stories. Austin (3) and Andrew (4) sang a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday for their uncle before consuming their chocolate cupcakes!

My dad was very specific about Adam's presents this year - and lest you think that we are getting too sentimental or sappy during these days, I am happy to report that Dad wanted to make sure that I picked up two Wii controllers for my brother's 29th birthday. We took videos and lots of pictures, and I can't wait to go to the hospital tomorrow to show them all to Mom and Dad.

Dad is doing okay this evening. His WBC (White Blood Cell) count this morning was 0.10 (another rise of .03 of a point!) We continue to pray that they will increase more. Please join us in this prayer. Please also pray for Dad to gain some relief from nausea and weakness. He is currently unable to stand without feeling faint.

Thank you again to everyone for joining our family in both times of celebration and prayer. Happy Birthday, Adam!


*** I will post some pictures tomorrow!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Adam!! Thanks again for sharing your family's joys and praises with us. I'm glad you had a good time and I know you are anxious to share the times with your Mom & Dad. That is how I feel when I take my videos of the grandchild to my Dad in the Nursing Home. A quote passed on my a friend today - "Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance!"
So we continue to pray for upward white counts and less dizziness & nausea.
Take care all!
Ted & Carol W
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Adam.....I thought about you the other day. I always remember your birthday because Logan and Adam will celebrate theirs tomorrow.(#29 too!) Please know that we are thinking about all of you during this journey and I know with 2 little guys singing Happy Birthday it had to be a fun celebration. Hoping that on your next family birthday everybody wil be together.Keep up the good work Bobby and Patra!So happy that white cell count is gradually climbing. We pray for the other symptoms to get better. ~~ love, Mary Lib
Unknown said…
Please give my regards to Bob and let him know that a lot of people are thinking about him. I've known your Dad for almost 35 years--back to the days when he worked a few blocks down the street in Hyde Park in Tampa. Not only is he a great lawyer and mediator, but more importantly, a great guy.

Steve Stuart