"I must be in real trouble..."

I have a theory.

When you are sick, people are nice to you. When you are very sick, people are very nice to you. I must be in real trouble because people have been so nice to me.

I can not thank you enough for all of the expressions of love and support that you have shown to Patra and me. Everyone has been incredibly supportive. Even my lawyer friends. … Of course, there is a little difference when lawyers are nice. They demand that I sign a non-disclosure agreement prohibiting me from letting any body else know that they were nice to me.
“Bob, what would that do to my reputation?”
“What would my clients think if they knew?”
“No one wants to hire a nice lawyer.”

Therefore, I am contractually bound not to tell you who they are.

But going back to my theory, I must be in real trouble because even the lawyers have been really, really nice to me!

We had a great visit with my brother, Chuck and his family. One of the highlights was receiving a telephone call from his daughter, Laura Beth in Australia while we were all at the house together, and while talking to her, we were simultaneously emailing her pictures of the family together. Not as good as having her here, but pretty special.

Today is February 1. February is going to be a big month. I am scheduled to enter Moffitt for the transplant on February 23. There are a lot of things that need to be done before then. I found out Friday afternoon that I need to have another bone marrow biopsy done and they are trying to make the arrangements to accomplish that this week.

Comments

ucfjustin said…
Mr Bugg,
Your blog has been amazing to read! You have been in our prayers and we will continue. God did truly put these wonderful children and grandchildren in your life as an amazing distraction. They are beautiful. God bless you and Mrs. Bugg.

Continuous Prayers for a month of Victory!

Justin and Maria
Mimi said…
so happy that you were able to have a nice visit with your brother...
and just so you know...
it is pretty easy to be nice to you even when you are not very sick...
so you will have to just accept the fact that you are a really nice guy!!!
Anonymous said…
Bob,
Your courage and atitude in the midst of this situation have been an encouragement to me. It is just like you to set up this blog only to encourage others. I have been and will continue to keep you in my prayers. May God continue to bless you and your family.
Dave Ball
Jenny said…
One of my favorite examples that proves your "theory" is when two attorneys, after wrapping up their work at your office, starting cleaning out the garbage cans in the conference rooms they'd been using.

"Um... you don't have to do that," I said. They responded that they'd be more than happy to.

As I passed you in the hall, I said, "Uh oh, Dad... Looks like you must be REALLY sick..."

Love you! Jenny