"Anything I Want"

I thought it was about time to introduce you to some of our family. We will (of course) start with the grandchildren.

DSCN2833
Megan, Bob, and Avery

DSCN2777
Austin (3) and Andrew (4) helping Grandpa celebrate his birthday.


I’ll share a story which captures how I feel about my grandkids.

When Andrew was about 3, Jenny and Andrew went with Patra and me to Citrus Park Mall. We spent some time at the mall, ate lunch and were heading home, a trip of about 30 minutes. Andrew assured his mom that he did not need to use the facilities. About 1 mile into our trip home, Andrew advised us that he did need to use the facilities and he needed to use them now. All of you moms and dads know exactly what reaction all of the adults in the car had. “We just asked you, and you said no.” “There’s no bathroom in the car.” “Can’t you hold it?”
Fortunately, there was a McDonald’s a short distance ahead and so we pulled into the parking lot. As the car was coming to a stop, Andrew asked his mom if he could have some McNuggets. “No, we are only stopping to let you go to the bathroom.” “Can I have a coke?” “No, you’re not getting anything, we just ate at the mall. You are only going to the bathroom.”
As Jenny lifted him out of his car seat and into her arms, and as she was closing the door, Andrew said just loud enough for us all to hear – “Grandpa would let me get anything I want.
How true! My heart gets cheerful every time I think about these 4 little ones. To watch them grow and develop – to see them change. What a wonderful distraction God has given Patra and me. Megan was born while I was on my way to the nephrologist (kidney) office for my first appointment. Avery was born 6 days later. It was almost like God was saying that He had seen how much the first two meant to us so He was going to give us a double blessing right now with these two new girls. He is good!

Bob


Note from Emily: Thank you so much for leaving a comment for my dad! He loves reading them. Many of you have emailed my dad stating that this is your first time reading a blog and you need help leaving a comment. If this is your first time leaving a comment on a blog, it is easier than you think.

Under each post, click on the word "comments". A box will appear on your screen. Simply type your message in the box and then click on "anonymous" as your identity. Leave your name within the comment box and we will know who you are. This prevents you from having to set up a google account to leave a comment. I hope this helps!

Emily

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Mr. Bugg! It's been a long time (too long!) since I've had an opportunity to talk to (or see) you, but I'm so grateful to know firsthand how I can be praying for you and your family as you walk this journey. The Bugg family was a big part of my life during high school, and I'm grateful to see God's continued faithfulness in your life and in your family; what an encouragement. Love to you all, Melissa (Tyson) Johns
Anonymous said…
Hi Bob, Patra and Emily, thanks for doing this - we are all praying for you and love you so much - all of you! Bob, those grandchildren are so precious; I know God knew how much they would help to get you thru all this. He IS good. let us know if there is anything we can do for you all. If you need some GUY time, Tony is available :) Love you - Carolyn and Tony Shoemaker
Mimi said…
Bob it is so much pleasure seeing your enjoyment of your grandkids...and I am happy that God knew you would need these extra blessings as you begin your journey to recovery...praying...
Carol and Joe Nelson
Anonymous said…
Yeah! Thanks for the help getting on a blog! I guess you are not too old to learn! Yes, grandchildren are the greatest, your heart just swells when they smile at you. I am glad you can cherish these moments right now! We are there with you on this journey. You are such an inspiration & your testimony will touch many hearts!
Anonymous said…
This is my favorite post. Of course it is the pictures of the grandkids, especially Avery, which really ties our family to your family. We are so thankful that Sharon met Adam and thus to your family. Your friendship means a lot to us and we really want you to know we are there for you. Please let us know what we can do for you both. Jon and Marilyn
Anonymous said…
Hi Mr. Bugg,
I just loved reading your blog. It was such an encouragement to me. I am also dealing with a huge battle right now, though not health related and your words and scripture spoke greatly to me. You and Patra are your family are in my prayers.
Love,
Jennifer N (Jenny and Emily's friend!)
Anonymous said…
Thanks to Emily for guiding us electronically challenged elderly on how to leave a comment! The grandchildre are so beautiful! Tommy and I think there is nothing better. We are praying for you and Patra.
We love you,
Tom and Pam Puckett
Anonymous said…
Hi! I tried to leave a comment before but didn't know to click "anonymous". I'm putting you on our Sunday School prayer list tomorrow (and we are good pray-ers!). So sorry you are having to go through this. Thanks so much for doing the blog.
Love to you both,
Linda (Word) Hyde
Anonymous said…
Dear Bob and Patra, Bill and I are praying for you as you go thur this difficult time. But we know that God is good and He only desires the best for His children. We are especially aware of the power of pray because of the journey I took four years ago with my health and God make it clear to me I still had work to do for Him here. His mercies never cease.
Bill and Ginny Winkel
Anonymous said…
Dear Bob and Patra, Bill and I are praying for you as you go thur this difficult time. But we know that God is good and He only desires the best for His children. We are especially aware of the power of pray because of the journey I took four years ago with my health and God make it clear to me I still had work to do for Him here. His mercies never cease.
Bill and Ginny Winkel
Karen said…
I truly enjoyed reading your blog... I saved it on my blackberry so I can read yours while I am on the go... (admitting yes while I am driving) But it gives me thoughts what you are going through... you are definitely blessed to have 4 beautiful grandchildren that completes your heart. I look forward reading more...
Anonymous said…
Hi to all. It has been a long time. The entire Stratton family is praying for you everyday. Gods love and your strong faith will get you through this next step of your journey....God Bless and thank you for having this wonderfully entertaining blog for all of us to keep somewhat in the loop with your health and family. God Bless and keep in touch.

Love,
Tiffany Stratton, Nancy, Lee, Courtney and the 5 grandkids and hubbies.
Anonymous said…
Hi, Bob and family,
2/4/2010 Dave was sitting at his desk nearby and I decided to click onto your blog. OOPS! We need to click onto the sight more often! We both enjoyed your teaching & comments -- you helped lift our spirits, too!
We keep you in prayer, individually and together. We still can hardly believe what you are going through, Bob.
Philippians 1:6 comes to my mind at the moment: "Being confident in this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will carry it to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." I pray that the peace that passes all understanding will keep our hearts and minds on Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:7) and then read on through verse 8 & 9 which ends with "and the God of peace shall be with you.
Praise Him from Whom all blessings flow~~~~
"God is good all the time" -
Isaiah 40:31 I Peter 5:7
Dave says, "Thank you for your example & Bible teaching, even though you are not standing there -
He also asked me to add that "you are the only attorney that I have ever liked!"
In Christ's love and prayers,
Ruthie and Dave Quarles